Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So, about running. I put up a website this semester for a Web Design class. What's probably not obvious about the site is that it's not in CSS. But I'm in the process of reading a co-worker's own blog reccomendation on "The Art and Science of Web Design" so we'll see if I can wrestle out a few good reasons to learn CSS.

But again, about running. I'm piling on about 12 miles a week in 4 segments, and loading the 'ole feet up with some ground action. What's probably not obvious is that I am pretty out of shape at the moment. 12 miles a week is really not very much, but it seems like a lot. Anyhow, to supplement the endless supply of keyboards and ergonomic chair workouts, I thought I'd try for a final submission to running and philosophy book that's brewing over in Kentucky. I submitted an abstract for a 19 page essay about the 26 miles in a marathon compared to the 26 years of [my] life, but it seems too....much like a memoir. I can, only write about my own marathon experience unless I run around with a microphone and interview the experiences among my friends. So, the quickest answer is that I am going to edit what I have to focus more on the reader's experience. But that's more writing eval jive than I meant...

So, about running. Hell, I just love it. When else do you feel more alive then when running and breathing for the obvious reason of having fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not runnin'.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home