Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ran and rode yesterday. A broken spoke stopped the ride at mile 10 for a turnaround. Now, what I want to know is what caused it?

I'm looking at classes to take for Fall; I've already got a full schedule but the problem is, that I'm thinking of going right into a Master's. I applied for the Peace Corps in the beginning of the summer, and now it's a matter of waiting to see if my plan of action is acceptable. I requested the Island of Truk in the Marianas islands. Everyone else wants to go there so I'm wondering how marvelous and outstanding an idea for economic development they consider some undergrad from Colorado - yeah me.

In any case, I'm collecting the stack of Calvin and Hobbes I'll take. Dad gave me a German version one of C & H mini books, so that will take a while to translate. I wonder if it will be as funny? Are the jokes embedded in wienerschnitzel and 99 luft balloons?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reliable sources tell me that once you translate Calvin and Hobbes from German back into English, they all sounds more or less like this:

"Hobbes, you degenerate animal. Do not fornicate with cabbages!"

So, good luck with that.

-- David

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home