Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've discovered that running means more than putting two feet on a path, leaning forward and falling over and over again. With a clear goal in mind, it's always easier to focus on a run. And running has a clear goal. "I'm gonna run 4 miles" or "I'm gonna run for 50 minutes" sit tall with goals. Meaureable ones even. Writing, I've found, is not that at all. There's never a point where you've reached anything other than arbitrary-to-the-content word counts, pages, or final edits where you then stop the footsteps of your fingers to the keyboard, relax and stretch out after something is written. If only it were that easy!

Now that school's back in, it's definitly time for that focus again, and with that it's time to get back on to the AM runs. Yesterday, I went on a run from my doorstep to Cheeseman park, around it and then back to my door. It was thundering, and the goal of the run was to beat the rain. So, I did. Likewise, this semester, I'm going to hear thunder of due dates in my brain. Economics thunder. Marketing thunder. And I'm going to race it, and race it fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home